The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. - Wm. Blake

Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday Top Ten

Serenade To A Cuckoo - Jethro Tull, This Was
The Pan Piper - Miles Davis, Sketches of Spain
Muswell Hillbillies - The Kinks, To The Bone
Bargain - The Who, Who's Next
The Truth Will Set You Free - Scott Blasey, Shine
We're Coming Back (Cock Sparrer) - Bouncing Souls, BYO Split Series Vol. IV
In My Life - The Beatles, Rubber Soul
I Just Want To Celebrate - Rare Earth, Serious Grooves From The Masters Of Soul
Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
The Sidewinder - Lee Morgan, Classic Jazz - Jazz Masters 1

Nothing to apologize for here, I think. A good sign for the weekend, I hope.

Actually, the Rare Earth reminds me that the night before I discovered the lovely and scholarly Ms. Hughes, I finally learned something about George Clinton & Parliament & Funkadelic. I was mostly aware of the late '70s, extra-weird stuff, and wasn't really sure how to get started. But - again on PBS, Independent Lens - this documentary gave me the whole history, and a desire to start exploring.

Christ. NPR, PBS, and baseball. I'm not an old man, you know. Those Bouncing Souls up there are honest-to-god punk.

Oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home