The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. - Wm. Blake

Friday, August 11, 2006

Chow Time


Huevos Rancheros.JPG
Originally uploaded by JRoth.
OK, finally time to do something I've wanted to for years: food blog.

I've always loved eating, and food's only grown more central to my life as I've grown older. What started as fried eggs with David Letterman in high school has become a near-obsession with elaborate - or at least detail-oriented - meals from all sorts of cultures. There's little I won't try in the kitchen, but I've at least learned to restrict my biggest efforts to the weekends. Weeknight meals at 11 pm are a thing of the past, thankfully.

But cooking remains my primary recreation, the part of the day when there are no clients, no contractors, and no codes to get between me and my creation, whether it be panaeng curry with homemade curry paste or a really nicely fried egg that came from a friend's duck.

[These are not, in fact, from the duck. But they were delicious]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home