The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. - Wm. Blake

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Night Top 5

I've been too nervous and pessimistic to get really excited about tonight, even after America's Worst Senator was sent home. The first smile of the night came courtesy of the good majority of South Dakotans. The second came courtesy of my national anthem:

Star Spangled Banner - Jimi Hendrix
Exhuming McCarthy - REM (only to chuck the bones in the Potomac, we hope)
My Orphanage - Rasputina (foreshadowing Newt's '08 run?)
Why Don't You Do Right - Rasputina (they did, Melora, they did)
Satisfaction Guaranteed - The Firm (well, we'll see about MT, TN, VA, & MO...)

The best thing about Hendrix's anmthem, to me, was his response to Dick Cavett, who asked him about all the people who thought it was disrespectful, or unAmerican, or whatever: "I thought it was beautiful...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home