The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. - Wm. Blake

Friday, April 06, 2007

You Shouldn't Take It So Hard



I haven't had anything specific to say about the Keith-Richards-snorted-his-dad's-ashes story. It befits his legend as rock's greatest hedonist, and part of me is impressed, but it's not exactly role model behavior, you know? Nonetheless, the faux outrage makes me want to come out foursquare behind ol' Keith.

Keith became my hero while I was in architecture school, pulling allnighter after allnighter. Why? It wasn't his stupendous drug use, but rather his story of staying up for 9 days straight, finally passing out against a guitar amp in a studio. His explanation? "Life was just too interesting to miss a single minute."

I no longer resent my body's need for at least 6 hours a night, but I certainly would like to experience as much life as possible. And sometimes, that means just staying awake for it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home