The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. - Wm. Blake

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More unpopular by the minute

On some level, I've been surprised that Bush's cratering popularity hasn't dipped further - in several polls, he's never been below 33% (this is job ratings, BTW, not actually personal popularity), and only occasionally have any polls shown him under 30%, despite his staggeringly unpopular escalation plan. Evidently, John Rogers was correct that the Crazification Factor (or BTKWB Quotient) really is right around 27%.

But anyway, what I thought I had noticed, and Atrios conveniently gave me the evidence for this morning, was that what is happening is that fewer and fewer people are doubting that Bush is a truly bad president. For awhile his numbers averaged something like 35% approve, 55% disapprove, with 10% waffling. Now, and for a few weeks now (probably since the idea of escalation started to hit the news), disapprove has been well into the 60s. Which means that everyone's off the fence now: you're either a Bush dead-ender or you want the man gone.

America, I take back what I said about you at 11PM on November 2, 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home